Re: [Groff] Re: CVS Broken for Win32

From: Keith Marshall
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: CVS Broken for Win32
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 23:23:20 +0100

On Monday 25 April 2005 3:19 pm, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> > The problem appears to be due to the use of `realpath()' in
> > `relocate.cpp'; the native Win32 equivalent for this function is
> > `_fullpath()', and the semantics are different.  It could probably
> > be fixed with an appropriate `#define' in `nonposix.h', or, if this
> > module is specific to Win32 in any case, simply by modifying
> > `relocate.cpp' itself; which approach do you prefer?
>
> Please fix it in relocate.cpp (this is file is only used under
> Windows).

This patch seems to do the trick.  I've validated it with builds on Win32,
both with MinGW and Cygwin, and also checked to ensure it doesn't break
anything for Linux.  I've also checked to ensure that the native Win32 build,
with MinGW, does relocate as intended -- appears to work a treat :-)

Proposed ChangeLog entry as follows:

   Bug fix for Win32 relocatable code.

   * src/libs/libgroff/relocate.cpp: (DEBUG): allow `make CPPFLAGS=-DDEBUG=1'
     to make it active.
     (MAX_PATH): define as equivalent to Microsoft's preferred name,
     i.e. _MAX_PATH, if undefined otherwise.
     (searchpath): use _fullpath function instead of realpath, when compiling
     for native Win32, i.e. with _WIN32 defined.

Best regards,
Keith.