Re: [Groff] CVS Build Problem

From: Larry Jones
Subject: Re: [Groff] CVS Build Problem
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 14:44:05 -0400 (EDT)

Werner LEMBERG writes:

> Strange.  The function font::load_desc (in font.cpp) calls
> font::open_file (in fontfile.cpp) which in turn calls
> font_path.open_file, where font_path is a search_path which explicitly
> uses $GROFF_FONT_PATH.  Looking into searchpatch.cpp you can see that
> search_path::search_path loads the contents of GROFF_FONT_PATH with
> getenv.  Please insert some code there to print the value of
> GROFF_FONT_PATH to stderr.

It turns out that the problem is that search_path::search_path is called
from a static constructor, but static constructors are called *before*
the global environment pointer is set, so getenv() doesn't work in a
static constructor.  Not being a C++ expert, I have no idea whether this
is a bug in my C++ implementation or a bug in groff.

-Larry Jones

I'm not a vegetarian!  I'm a dessertarian. -- Calvin