Re: [Groff] developers only?

From: Otavio Exel
Subject: Re: [Groff] developers only?
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 09:57:42 -0300

Tadziu Hoffmann wrote:

> This is actually nontrivial.  Groff handles split & join (.fi) and
> nosplit & nojoin (.nf), but not split & nojoin -- at least not by
> itself,

:-O

> so we have to help it along a bit.  Here is a somewhat crude method
> which has the disadvantage that you have to precede every line with
> some text (i.e., .xx), but gives a more pleasing output because each
> wrapped line is indented.

hmm.. yes, adding a macro to each line is really annoying..
but the output, the indent in particular, is exactly what I expected!

I tried another aproach that *almost* pleased me: adding a space before
each line so that each line is a paragraph! the problem with this
solution is the indent of the wrapped lines of the paragraph:

         start of very long line
        continuation of very long line

instead of

        start of very long line
            continuation of very long line

is there a way (a register) to set the indent of the wrapped lines of a
paragraph?  that would be 99.99% perfect!

TIA!

--
Otavio Exel /<\oo/>\ address@hidden