[Groff] pic: new box attribute - slanted

From: Heinz-Jürgen Oertel
Subject: [Groff] pic: new box attribute - slanted
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 02:46:56 +0100

Hello,
to improve a bit the look of pic generated pictures in software documentation
I like to have an additional attribute for boxes.
With slanted boxes e 3dimensional look should be performed.
To see what I mean, please have a look at the attached PDF file.
It was generated:
.\" playing with gpic ----------------------
.PS
box
move
box slanted -.1 color "yellow" outlined "black"
move
box
move
box slanted .1 color "green" outlined "black"
.PE

.PS
box invisible
down
box color "gold" outlined "black" slanted 0
box ht .1 with .sw at last box .nw \
        slanted .1 color "yellow" outlined "black"

move down 1
box slanted -.5 color "red"
box slanted -.5 color "red"
box slanted -.5 color "red"
box slanted -.5 color "red"
box slanted -.5 color "red"
.PE
.\" /playing with gpic ----------------------

The current implementation is simply using an x-shift value given by the
attribute slanted.
I'm not sure if this is the best way. Another possibility would be specifying
a slant degree. And I need to specify maybe slantwise the y-axis.
Any suggestions to this topic?

Regards
 Heinz

--

with best regards / mit freundlichen Grüßen

   Heinz-Jürgen Oertel