[Groff] Re: groff 1.19.1 complains when formatting its own man pages

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Groff] Re: groff 1.19.1 complains when formatting its own man pages
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 14:37:50 +0200 (CEST)

> Here is a patch to change them all to use no more than six
> arguments.

Thanks for finding the problematic spots which I've updated in the
CVS.  BTW, I had to change many of your fixes.  For example, this:

   .TP
  -.BI .TH " title section " [ extra1 "] [" extra2 "] [" extra3 ]
  +.BI .TH " title section " [ extra1 "] [" extra2\c
  +.BI "] [" extra3 ]

won't work: `TP' sets an input line trap to get its arguments, and a
line continued after `\c' counts as a new input line.  I have to use
this which is much uglier compared to the old version:

  .TP
  .BI .TH " title section \fB[\fPextra1\fB]\fP \fB[\fPextra2\fB]\fP
\fB[\fPextra3\fB]"