Re: [Groff] Draft paper: "Writing Effective Manual Pages"

From: Gour
Subject: Re: [Groff] Draft paper: "Writing Effective Manual Pages"
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 12:25:16 +0200

Alejandro López-Valencia (address@hidden) wrote:

> In Section 1.0. Rather than saying that you can translate to DocBook,
> wouldn't be better to observe the lack of decent, if any, DockBook/TEI
> troff output backends?

I'd like to see one :-)

> Show that TeX is not always a good-thing to use,
> because the level of knowledge and skill needed to produced custom output
> with TeX is a lot higher than with troff.

And what about the quality of groff for paper output?

Is is comparable to TeX?

I'm total groff newbie but saw Ted's post regards; TeX buffers more input
and therefore auto-produces 'better' layout than groff.

How much tweaking is needed to achieve the same quality of output?

Is is possible to match TeX quality because of the different approach?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Gour