[Groff] landscape grops broken in cvs?

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: [Groff] landscape grops broken in cvs?
Date: 29 Feb 2004 21:21:35 +0000

Hi,

I think that landscape printing using -Tps is broken in
the latest cvs. (I suspect it has been broken for some time
as I had to backtrack to a 1.18 version (which works)).

It appears that the landscape page is truncated at approximately 3/4
of the width.

The input source was based on Ted's landscape printing configuration
email from last year.

Here is my command line:

   groff -P-l -ms t.n > t.ps

any ideas?
Gaius

and t.n is:

.de landscape_metrics
.pl 8i
.nr PO 1.195i
.nr LL 9.5i
.lt \\n[LL]u
.nr LT \\n[LL]u
..
.de 4C
.ll 10i
.nr LL 10i
.2C
.nr address@hidden 4
.nr address@hidden 2.0i
.nr pg*gutw .5i
.LP
..
.de 3C
.2C
.nr address@hidden 3
.nr address@hidden 3i
.nr pg*gutw .5i
.LP
..
.nr HM .5i
.pl 8i
.LP
.nr PS 12
.nr VS 14
.EH ''''
.OH ''''
.LP
.defcolor darkred rgb 0.65f 0.1f 0.2f
.sp .8i
.ce 1
.4C
.LP
.nr HM 1i
.LP
.landscape_metrics
.TL
Some title
.sp .2i
.LP
This is the GNU groff document formatting system.  The version number
is given in the file VERSION.
.PP
Included in this release are implementations of troff, pic, eqn, tbl,
grn, refer, -man, -mdoc, and -ms macros, and drivers for PostScript, TeX
dvi format, HP LaserJet 4 printers, Canon CAPSL printers, HTML format
(still alpha), and typewriter-like devices.  Also included is a modified
version of the Berkeley -me macros, an enhanced version of the X11
xditview previewer, and an implementation of the -mm macros contributed
by Joergen Haegg (address@hidden).
.PP
See the file INSTALL for installation instructions.  You will require a
C++ compiler.
.PP
The file NEWS describes recent user-visible changes to groff.
.PP
Groff is free software.  See the file COPYING for copying permission.
.PP
The file PROBLEMS describes various problems that have been encountered
in compiling, installing, and running groff.
.PP
For the moment, the documentation assumes that you are already familiar
with the Unix versions of troff, -ms, and the preprocessors.
.PP
The most recent released version of groff is always available by
anonymous ftp from ftp.gnu.org in the directory pub/gnu/groff.
.PP
A CVS repository is now available, containing the current development
version of groff.  You can access it with the commands