Re: [Groff] Looking for the source to bib(1)

From: Jorgen Grahn
Subject: Re: [Groff] Looking for the source to bib(1)
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 09:14:41 +0200

On Tue May  6 14:39:40 2003, address@hidden wrote:
> On Tue, 6 May 2003, Ted Harding wrote:
> > On 06-May-03 Jorgen Grahn wrote:
> > > Since I'm not satisfied with refer, I thought I'd try
> > > its early 1980s replacement: Timothy A. Budd's bib
> >
> > I have one from 1998 (bib.tar.Z); it's 90KB. I'm mailing it to
> > you, Jörgen, but if anyone else would like a copy plase let me
> > know.

Got it; thanks!

> I have a copy on my computer at home, which I am sure is the same as
> Ted's.  But I have never got it successfully to run on my Linux boxes.  It
> compiles (IIRC) without errors, but segfaults whenever it is invoked.  If
> you manage to update the source so that it runs properly on a modern
> machine, please let us all know.  (Do you think we could resurrect the
> contrib directory on ffii,org?)

I'll see what I can do, given time and energy.  In the meanwhile, there is
a kind-of-temporary copy of the archive Ted sent me at

 http://as3-1-3.ml.g.bonet.se/~grahn/tmp/bib.tar.Z

regards,
Jörgen

--
  // Jörgen Grahn       "And then the design was ignored, and small children
\X/ <address@hidden>  with crayons were given the O'Reilly Perl books and