Re: [Groff] More on error with PageSize

From: Egil Kvaleberg
Subject: Re: [Groff] More on error with PageSize
Date: 04 Mar 2003 14:09:14 +0100

On Tue, 2003-03-04 at 13:49, Robert D. Goulding wrote:

> On my computer at work (RH 6.2)  there are no problems, and I get the
> correct line
>
> << /PageSize [ 612 792 ] ....
>
> On an identical install (PAGE=letter ./configure; make; make install) on
> my computer at home (RH 7.1) I get the incorrect line
>
> << /PageSize [ 0 792 ] ....
>
> which is what causes the error with ghostscript (any version, of course).

Sorry for the late answer, I have been away for a few days.

First of all, I think it is sensible to add a mechanism that avoids
emitting zero PageSizes. The best thing would probably be to emit a
small warning, and omit to output any PageSize altogether. I will try to
supply a patch for that asap.

Wrt. why the width is zero, then there may be something fishy (for
instance a bad "paperwidth" in your devps/DESC, or in the common paper
definitions.

Egil
--
Email: address@hidden
Voice/videophone: +47 22523641 Voice: +47 92022780 Fax: +47 22525899