[Groff] More on error with PageSize

From: Robert D. Goulding
Subject: [Groff] More on error with PageSize
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 07:49:01 -0500 (EST)

Following up on my message a couple of days on Ghostscript
/configurationerror in --setpagedevice-- which I get with any
groff-produced ghostscript (using the latest CVS groff).  It turns out to
be a little more complicated, and quite mystifying.

On my computer at work (RH 6.2)  there are no problems, and I get the
correct line

<< /PageSize [ 612 792 ] ....

On an identical install (PAGE=letter ./configure; make; make install) on
my computer at home (RH 7.1) I get the incorrect line

<< /PageSize [ 0 792 ] ....

which is what causes the error with ghostscript (any version, of course).
Any ideas of what could be on my system to cause this error?

Robert.

--
Robert Goulding
Society of Fellows