Re: [Groff] Re: valgrind again

From: Larry Jones
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: valgrind again
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 10:09:14 -0500 (EST)

Ralph Corderoy writes:

> Just to say that I, like someone else recently on the list, have just
> experienced problems with updating from CVS.  This is on Red Hat 7.2
> with cvs RPM cvs-1.11.1p1-8.7 -- I updated to this recently following a
> security fix.

CVS 1.11.1p1 is pretty old, the current release is 1.11.5.  There was an
incompatibility introduced in the server mode in 1.11.2 that caused it
to hang on close when talking to older clients that was fixed in 1.11.4.
I suspect the server must be running one of the suspect versions.

-Larry Jones

It's either spectacular, unbelievable success, or crushing, hopeless
defeat!  There is no middle ground! -- Calvin