[Groff] Text running off the top of the page. Is it a bug?

From: Brandon Bray
Subject: [Groff] Text running off the top of the page. Is it a bug?
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 18:54:18 -0800

Hello,
  I've recently had to start using groff, and I'm running into a
peculiar issue with text occurring before the top of the page. I've
spent a several hours searching to see if this was a known issue, and I
have yet to find anything.

I wrote the following:

     .pl 11i
     .de blah
     .vs 6
     .ps 10
     BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH
     .sp
     ..
     .blah
     .blah
     .blah
     (... up to 71 '.blah's ...)

I then ran the following commands:

     groff foo > foo.ps
     ps2pdf foo.ps

I'm using the 1.18 version of groff for the Win32 platform (same results
with 1.17.2). To convert it to a PDF (something I must do), I used
Ghostscript 7.04 (although I get exactly the same results using Adobe
Distiller 5.0).

This is happening for everything I write (with or without different
macro packages). Is this a bug, or is it something I'm doing wrong?

Any help is appreciated... Thanks!
Brandon