Re: [Groff] grn update

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] grn update
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 07:03:32 +0200 (CEST)

> One more item: The grn man page says:
>
>       "Please note that currently only the -me macro package
>       has support for .GS, .GE and .GF."

Correct.

> However I just finished formatting an old document written in -mm
> with some gremlin files and it printed with no problems, even though
> it mumbled things like:
>
> <standard input>:150: warning: `GS' not defined
> <standard input>:155: warning: `st' not defined
> <standard input>:98100: warning: `GE' not defined
>
> how could this happened?

Well, supporting .GS mainly means proper handling of vertical spacing
and that its parameter (either L, R, or C) is parsed to adjust the
horizontal position of the gremlin image.  Without those macros, the
image is inserted as-is.

The `.st' command is emitted by grn itself; due to lack of knowledge I
haven't changed this -- all troff variants I know of don't have this
primitive.  Do you know what .st (and its friend .sc) will do, and
which troff version it comes from?