[Groff] .do-page wierdness

From: Michael Hobgood
Subject: [Groff] .do-page wierdness
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 04:16:10 -0500

Jon,
        I've discovered a slight wierdness with
the .do-page macro.  If it is enabled, the line
that appears under the chapter heading will move
up the page 6 points. I.e if .do-page is not
selected, the line will appear at 690 (PostScript
coordinates on US letter paper).  If .do-page
is selected, the line will appear at 696.
As far as our current work, it should pose no
problem, as we aren't that concerned with page
layout (orphans, widows etc), but it might have
an impact later on during the revision.
        I've attached a clip of the preface.t
file that you can use to see the problem.

Cordially,
Michael Hobgood