[Groff] UTP macro question

From: Michael Hobgood
Subject: [Groff] UTP macro question
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 10:21:34 -0500

        When adding the .page macro to the preface, I found that
.page does not like page numbers given as alphabetic sequences,
ie .page xii.  It works okay from what I can tell, it just emits
a warning.  Does this macro need changed or can we live with
it making a warning?
        Also, the .se macro doesn't like any non-numeric number
given, nor does it appreciate being given the word "preface" to
use.  Understandable, since the macro is looking for something else.
It will work as is and produce the word preface correctly, but it
causes a nasty error message to be emitted.  Again, is this something
that needs changed in the macro or can we live with it.
        At least on the .se one, it can be worked around by just
manually coding the preface title to avoid the error message, but
I haven't found a method to fool the .page macro yet.

Michael Hobgood