Re: [Groff] several newbie questions

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] several newbie questions
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 00:03:56 +0100

Hi Ulf,

> this mail might be summed up to the question:
> is there a proper document, suitable for beginners

Members of the list have recently been transcribing _Unix Text
Processing_ from scanned pages.  It's come a long way and is now a
useful resource.

    http://troff.org/books.html#ora

It covers vanilla troff, not GNU's version though.

> as well as a refernce on all aspects of groff?

There's the groff manual that comes with the source code.  Werner did
link to a pre-built PDF version recently but I've lost the link,
although I've got the document.

    http://troff.org/books.html#groff

With recent enough tools the manual can be built from the source.

Cheers,

Ralph.