Re: [Groff] Re: Resource forks in OSX

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: Resource forks in OSX
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 23:55:31 +0200 (CEST)

[You haven't told us which version of groff you use.  I assume that
you use a recent one.]

> I am trying to install a Mac Type 1 IPA font but without success:
>
> [strathfillan:~/groff_fonts] rob% groff -Tps testipa.gr > testipa.ps
> testipa.gr:1: warning: can't find font `IPA'
>
> The font file is in the right directory:
>
> [strathfillan:groff/font/devps] rob% ls
Normally, this isn't the right directory.  Before installation, you
have to use the `test-groff' script which explicitly uses -F to add
proper paths to the fonts which are not installed yet.  After
installation, a path to the PS font description files looks like

  /usr/local/share/groff/1.18/font/devps

so it is indeed possible that groff doesn't find your font.

> fonts 10 0 0 0 0 0 SS S ZD ZDR IPA

It's not necessary to mount the font in advance.  You can safely
ignore this.