Re: [Groff] gpresent problem

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] gpresent problem
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 03:01:17 +0200 (CEST)

> It appeards gpresent is having difficulties with groff-1.18
> generated .ps files (ps2pdf failure). I used ps2pdf from Ghostscript
> 5.xx and Ghostrscript 7.05. Probably a groff problem then. Anyhow,
> if someone has ps2pdf working with 1.18 please report.

Well, Bob hasn't properly encapsulated his internal strings, macros,
and variables names into a macro-specific namespace; most notably, he
uses a string named `color' which is now used by groff itself.  But
this doesn't cause the problem.  Doing a quick test with

  groff -pet -ww -M. -mtrace -mm -mpresent demo.rof > demo.pps 2> demo.log

(replacing the smiley image with something different since it is
missing in the package) shows that there is a recursive call of the
address@hidden' macro which isn't changed in tmac.present.  Jörgen, can
you help here?  gpresent is available from

  www.science.uva.nl/~bobd/useful/gpresent/