Re: [Groff] UTP markup

From: Jon Snader
Subject: Re: [Groff] UTP markup
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 13:38:39 -0400

On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 10:14:29AM -0700, Meg McRoberts wrote:

> Did you say that you're using .ps 12?  If you'd like to get closer
> to the original page breaking, you might want to try:
>
>       .ps 10
>       .vs 12

Actually I don't ever set it.  It just uses the default 10/12 that
you recommend.  I probably should set it explicitly since some of
the other macros assume that normal text is 10/12.

> To clarify, I have the groff binary running on my Caldera system
> as well as the man pages, but don't seem to have a built version
> of the guide material.

Ah.  I did misunderstand.  I know there are prebuilt version available,
but it's been a while since I dealt with them.  I *know* somebody on
the list can help you with that.

> We might want to add something like "Preface to the Open Source
> Edition" just to put things in perspective for the unsuspecting
> novice who might happen across this.  That would give us an
> opportunity to mention groff and explain how this book is useful
> for groff users and such.  Just a thought.  I'm not sure that
> X/Open or Caldera has the teeth or the interest to make a stink
> about this, but it is probably a small effort to do it right anyhow.

Good idea.

Jon Snader