[Groff] Re: german groffinfo translation

From: Morten Bo Johansen
Subject: [Groff] Re: german groffinfo translation
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 23:59:17 +0200

Erich Hoffmann <address@hidden> wrote:

EH> Hello,

EH> some weeks ago there was the idea of trying a german translation of
EH> groff documentation, perhaps starting with the groff.info.  (My original
EH> Idea was to translate the planned paper on macro writing.)  Now I'm back
EH> from vacation and I'd like to give it a try.  If it won't do, or if I'm
EH> just the wrong one to do that or if it turns out to be to big a project
EH> for me, ok. that remains to be seen.  I understand that there is _no_
EH> such such project at the moment.  If there is, I't rather participate
EH> than doing it on my own.

Yes, participating is better if possible, so try to find out if
there isn't a German translation team that perhaps has a
mailing list for discussion somewhere and then upload your work
there for criticism. You might also (especially) want to send
Karl Eichwalder <address@hidden> a mail to get some
pointers; in addition to being a fellow countryman of yours, he
is also the maintainer of The Free Translation Project under
the GNU auspices and thus he for one should be in a position to
give you some expert advice on getting started with this.

Regards,

Morten

--
"To create man was a quaint and original idea, but to add the sheep
  was tautology."                                      (Mark Twain)