[Groff] Silver bullets

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: [Groff] Silver bullets
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 20:09:47 +0100

Hi,

I've been meaning to ask this for sometime, but never seemed
to find the right thread to add it too. When you are developing
groff code which debugging tools do you all use? Gdb, ddd, inspect?

I use the emacs/gdb combination and save the output at key points
through the groff pipeline and then feed this into the component to be
debugged.  But I just wondered whether there was a key silver bullet
which others were using and that I need to be made aware :-)
Do any of you find that the graphical debuggers aid productivity?

#include asbestos suit

Gaius