Re: [Groff] Musings on the adding of fonts

From: Tadziu Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Groff] Musings on the adding of fonts
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 00:50:51 +0100

> The pfa files can be anywhere.  Only grops needs to find
> them (if they're to be downloaded to the printer), and for
> this purpose you *can* give the complete path to the font
> file in the file "download".

Apologies for crying out loud so fast.  I just "found out"
(darn my poor memory) that I'm using a hacked version at
work.  Contrary to my claim, out of the box it does *not*
accept absolute file paths (however, relative file paths
like "../../Type1/Helvetica.pfa" work).  This is because
open_file in fontfile.cc *always* prepends the font path,
even if we give it an absolute filename.  If we do this
only if the filename does not begin with a "/", it works.
Question to the developers: is this the appropriate place
to change?

Regards,
Tadziu