Re: [Groff] Uncluttering the tmac directory

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Uncluttering the tmac directory
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 17:20:43 +0100 (CET)

> The 4 subdirectories look too impressive, the more that their only
> task is to make invisible some files.  A better approach is to
> collect all internal stuff under a single directory, called
> `internal'.  The new structure of the installed tmac directory will
> then be:
>
> ./internal/
> ./internal/device/
> ./internal/language/
> ./internal/language/us/
> ./internal/rc/
>
> A `lib' subdirectory seems to be obsolete by this approach.

Regardless what we finally will implement, it seems that I have to add
subdirectory searching to groff, similar to the kpathsea library in
the TeX's web2c implementation.  With other words, a path element
which is ended with two slashes (`//' or `\\') will be searched
recursively.  It should not be too difficult, and I ask all TeX users
what else I shall take care of.  Please make suggestions.