Re: [Groff] psatk.tmac

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] psatk.tmac
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 02:39:26 +0100 (CET)

>From the NEWS file:

  tmac.psatk contains some macros that support the mechanism used by
  the Andrew Toolkit for including PostScript graphics in troff
  documents.

> Is it still necessary?

No idea.  I've never used the Andrew toolkit.  Maybe someone can
check whether there is still groff output.

> Is it internal or a user tmac?

Looks like a compatibility layer.

> Could it go into or be included by ps.tmac?

I don't think so.

> 1) There isn't any atk.tmac.

Probably part of the Andrew toolkit.

> 2) grops(1) documents PB as a font, but doesn't say anything about
>    macros PB/PE.

This again looks specific to the ATK (PostScript start/end).