Re: [Groff] Patch - add -ms to groff.texinfo

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Patch - add -ms to groff.texinfo
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 11:25:01 +0100 (CET)

> Basically my ms.ms document converted to texinfo & the style of
> the groff.texinfo manual.

Thanks a lot!  I've added it to the CVS.  Please check my revisions.

> Now that I've done this, I'm starting to wonder if the groff.texinfo
> manual is attempting to do a little too much -- maybe we could split
> the macro packages & preprocessors into their own documents? This
> would be easier to maintain, and Texinfo can cross-reference across
> a suite of documents/info files. My DVI file (with the new -ms info)
> comes to 200 pages and we're not even close to having it all done.

My idea is to have a complete and exhaustive reference of all programs
in groff (with examples), including documentation of all requests and
registers of troff; macro packages should be referenced only in a
short form (but complete).  There should be no tutorial staff IMHO.
In addition, I want tutorials on macro packages written in the
particular macro package.  Some of them are already here:
groff_man.man, groff_mdoc.man, meintro.me.  Others should follow -- I
hope you all can contribute!

Larry's ms.ms document is a good starting point; a reference of pic
to be put into groff.texinfo should be extracted from pic.ms.

Etc. etc.