Re: [Groff] groffer 0.3

From: Bernd Warken
Subject: Re: [Groff] groffer 0.3
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 21:46:35 +0100

On Sat, Dec 15, 2001 at 07:57:53PM +0000, Ralph Corderoy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > This is groffer 0.3 alpha as a stand-alone package. Please test
> > whether its features are sufficient.  The next version of groffer
> > will be integrated into groff.
>
> It used to be /bin/bash, now it's /bin/sh.  Is it aiming to be
> portable?  If so, modern features like $() instead of `` need
> considering.

Ok.  I will write 2 different shell scripts, groffer-gnu.sh and
groffer-posix.sh.  The testing functions will go to the Makefile;
"make" will decide which of the 2 shell scripts will be installed
as "groffer".  This will straighten and speed-up the code.

Does anybody know whether there is something like autoconfigure
for shell scripts?

Bernd Warken