Re: [Groff] me docs

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] me docs
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 23:53:25 +0100 (CET)

> > You probably missed my point.  Reloading is not the problem; it
> > can be easily prevented.  But using `.mso' is not sufficient if
> > you need special features of a macro package.
>
> Yes, I wasn't aware of this.  But does it hurt to add a conditional
> .mso?  If so some soelim mechanism could restart troff with a
> corrected command line.

Urgh.  I won't do that.

> I would even like to have a .preprocessor request similar to the
> preprocessor word in the first line of the man-pages.  groff does
> not even honor this feature.

Hmm, I think it would be better to extend your `groffview' script to
handle this also.

Such a script would also allow to implement macro packages with
multiple calls to groff, putting e.g. index information during the
first run into an auxiliary file which is read during the next run(s).