Re: [Groff] LGPL for intermediate output parser

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] LGPL for intermediate output parser
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 10:17:49 +0200 (CEST)

> The parser and postprocessor of the intermediate output
> has library quality.  So it should be put under the LGPL.
>
> It is located at <groff-source>/src/libs/libdriver/input.cc .

I think it isn't easily possible to move from GPL to LGPL (which is no
longer called `library GPL' but `lesser GPL', IIRC).  Richard, is this
possible?  [I know you don't like this idea for good reasons, as
documented in www.gnu.org, so it is rather a technical question.]

In case there is ever the need to have a non-GPL license for input.cc
to be included in a real application, he or she should ask me
explicitly.  Without that, I won't change anything.