Re: [Groff] Problems with unwanted unicode.

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Problems with unwanted unicode.
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 17:55:39 +0200 (CEST)

> I'm using groff version 1.17 form Debian/GNU Linux Woody.  Yes there
  is support for Japanese in font/devnippon there.

I currently can't remember how Japanese support is activated.  I
assume you have to say -Tnippon, right?

> > Additionally, there is no Unicode input support yet but partial
> > Unicode output support.  If you only need TTY output, it is easy
> > to write a simple latin-2 input encoding file which maps the input
> > character codes to groff's internal glyph names which are in turn
> > converted to Unicode output.
>
> Where is the place of conversion of input code character to internal
> glyph names?

This is done on the macro level.  Look at latin1.tmac -- note that
this is not the optimal solution, but it should work for you without
problems.

> I hope that this is done in /devps/TR TB ... and other metric files.
> But this doesn't help me.

Well, this has already been done, and I think that Stanislaw can give
you more information.