Re: [Groff] Re: Help with groff

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: Help with groff
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 01:10:18 +0200 (CEST)

> Well, I used to use DOS a lot, and even ran groff on it. So I think
> I can help you with the problem you report below. (It's Windows I
> don't know much about, and I've never used groff on Windows).

What version of groff do you use?  If you are working on plain DOS I
think that only the DJGPP port will work without problems.  And if
there are some problems please report them to Eli Zaretskii
<address@hidden> (and to the list).  I don't know whether he has
tested its functionality in a Windows DOS box also.

> I'm also going to copy this reply to the groff list, because I think
> you must be suffering with an old DOS groff; I'm sure someone should
> have sorted out this bug, but I never found out; and once I moved to
> Linux I lost interest in DOS groff! Maybe some folks there will know
> more.

There shouldn't be any suffering on DOS!  Eli has done real wonders in
porting...