Re: [Groff] a TeX-like macros set

From: Thomas Baruchel
Subject: Re: [Groff] a TeX-like macros set
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 18:41:43 +0100

On Sat, Mar 10, 2001 at 06:08:03PM +0100, Thomas Baruchel wrote:
> Do you think it is possible ?

I'm quite sure it is possible.
A few new ideas:

you can easely process the paragraph several times before printing once it
is converted into a macro (called .P0). The job is done in diversions for the
moment. I play in « .ad l » mode (two advantages:
                                   a - I know exactly the size of a space in
                                       this mode
                                   b - I can have the length of the extra space
                                       needed (.n register)
                                  ). I change the size of the space character
(with the .ss request). For instance, I process a line with the normal size
and then with this size +1u.
By comparing the two values of .n (before the change and after the
change). I know several things: the most important is the number of
spaces (I know there are several cases to investigate, but you can find this
number in any case). The most difficult is now behind ;-)

--
        ,--._
     //   \    ( ,,  ,, ''   `)    Thomas Baruchel
   //        ~.   `._,,   ,'  <address@hidden>
                   \  \                 Brest
                  _/ _/