Re: [Groff] '--' at top of postscript page

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] '--' at top of postscript page
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 22:51:31 +0000

Hi,

> Does somebody know how to remove the little '--' (dashes) from the
> top of the postscipt output when formatting a mm macro document with
> groff.
>
> .PH

Have you tried

    .PH "''''"

The groff_mm man page doesn't make it too clear what happens if no
argument is given to PH, but it does say

       PH [arg]
              Page header, a line printed  at  the  top  of  each
              page.   The argument should be specified as "'left-
              part'center-part'right-part'", where left-, center-
              and  right-part is printed left-justified, centered
              and right justified. The character % is changed  to
              the current page number. The default page-header is
              "''- % -''", the page number between two dashes.

and those two dashes you're describing could be the dashes either side
of a page number.

> please remove 'nospammail' from my mail address when replying.

Please don't make everyone else implement your anti-spam policy;  maybe
it would be easier to just delete them occasionally yourself.

(I can't believe the spammers out there, who now have scripts good
enough to subscribe to a list and reply to the confirmation email,
wouldn't pluck out the lowest part of the domain name and see if the
rest passes an MX DNS lookup.)

Ralph.