Re: [Groff] hyphenation problems

From: Christian Jensen
Subject: Re: [Groff] hyphenation problems
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 14:02:41 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 5 Feb 2001, Ralph Corderoy wrote:

> This isn't a complaint about the fix, but hypens at the end of two
> lines in a row sure looks ugly.  I have faint recollections of
> something somewhere, TeX?, lout?, deliberately bearing this in mind.
> Does this sound familiar to anyone?

>From the troff.1 manpage:

     .hlm n
          Set  the maximum number of consecutive hyphenated lines
          to n.  If n is negative,  there  is  no  maximum.   The
          default value is -1.  This value is associated with the
          current environment.  Only lines output from  an  enviĀ­
          ronment  count towards the maximum associated with that
          environment.  Hyphens resulting from  \%  are  counted;
          explicit hyphens are not.

Is this what you were thinking of?

Christian Jensen