Re: [Groff] Re: -Thtml2 patches (finally)

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: -Thtml2 patches (finally)
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 15:51:17 +0000

Hi Werner,

Gaius wrote:

> no problem I can translate it into simpler code and post it to you
> soon,

oops well I might have been a little hasty with this comment.  There
are six uses of ordered lists in -Thtml and two in -Thtml2.  The
ordered_list.h file which is present in grohtml as well is approx 200
lines. If we were to inline this into grohtml and grohtml2 this will
add 1200 lines of code. If we pragmatically tailor each ordered list
package for each requirement we have six list routines to maintain :-(

It could be done for grohtml2, I guess, but the portability bullet has
already been bitten with grohtml. I suppose we could remove the
ordered list package from html2 and leave it with html - eventually
html2 will replace html and then the problem disappears?

Certainly an interesting software engineering problem ;-)

any thoughts?

Thanks Gaius