Re: [Groff] Preprocessor

From: Tomohiro KUBOTA
Subject: Re: [Groff] Preprocessor
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 10:43:46 +0900

Hi,

At Tue, 07 Nov 2000 11:38:22 +0100 (CET),
Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> BTW, have you signed papers for copyright assignment to the FSF?  If
> not, please do so (otherwise I can't use your code); details can be
> found at
>
>   http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/fsf-forms/assignment-instructions.html

I could not find the page.  Could you tell me which pages should I read?

> > My interest is that 'I18N' directive should be determined by the
> > 'configure' script.
>
> Definitely, but it isn't urgent IMHO.  Do you have a test handy to be
> included into a4local.m4?  Maybe from another package?

I have to study on autoconf and so on so on...
Ok, it is not urgent problem.  I will study and find how to.

> > And more, it needs some mechanism to have a translation table
> > between MIME encoding names and OS-specific encoding names.  I have
> > no idea how to implement that.  (Thus the current version have an
> > empty table for this translation.)
>
> Are there so many OS-specific encodings?  Isn't it possible to have
> static tables for that?

I don't know about the real situation.  However, the C standard says
that encoding names are implementation-dependent.  I'd like to supply
a skelton where a user of some OS can add a table for the OS.

> > Then I will write a postprosessor.  It may share the source code
> > (and binary) with the preprocessor, i.e., check argv[0] and change
> > the behavior.  (I found that we have to determine the names:-)
>
> I was told that relying on argv[0] is against the GNU coding
> standards, so please use a command line option instead.  If we have
> just one program for both in and out conversion, I suggest `groconv'
> as the program name.

I see.  The only term I know on the GNU coding standard is on the
indentation: use two columns.  (I found the standards in the GNU
web page.)

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <address@hidden>
http://surfchem0.riken.go.jp/~kubota/