[Groff] Re: GROFF

From: Ted Harding
Subject: [Groff] Re: GROFF
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 22:31:21 +0100 (BST)

On 21-Sep-00 Ricardo wrote:
> if you say: grops <file>  >file.ps works right before.
> if you say: grops  -P <file-prologue> <file> >file.ps The grops changes
> the prologue by the <file-prologue>
>
> I've already put prologue-mirror in the font/devps directory.
>
> Now, i can put grops -P prologue-mirror file >file.ps and have the
> mirrored version of the book. I spent months looking one tool for this,
> but, why don't change the groff to do what i need? ;)

I take it that the requested change to groff simply means to add
an option -P to grops so that a different prologue can be used
instead of the defult one. I think this could be useful.

I have not understood what the "prologue-mirror" does. What is "the
mirrored version of the book"? Does it simply mean that you can hold the
book up to a mirror and read it? If so, I don't think there's a general
need for that. Otherwise, please explain more fully.

> Now, i want to i18n groff. Can i do this?

What do you mean by "i18n" [internationalisation] in the groff context?

With thanks,
Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>
Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 284 7749