Re: [Groff] influencing page size on build

From: Ted Harding
Subject: Re: [Groff] influencing page size on build
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 10:39:55 +0100 (BST)

On 21-Sep-00 G Hasse wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Sep 2000, Stewart C. Russell wrote:
>> Is there any way I can tell my groff-1.16.1 build that I want it to
>> default to A4 paper? The configure heuristics fail on my Sun, or at
>> least pick up something they shouldn't from the Sun troff
>> installation.
>
> I patch the /usr/share/groff_font/devps/DESC file and change
> the value "paperlength 843400"

That's what I did too, to get the default right.

Of course you can change paperlength on the fly with .pl (available
in read-only register .p in machine units):

  .pl 10i
  The page length \fB\en[.p]\fP is \n[.p] units

Along with the usual line-length and page-offset commands, you can set
up any paper-size you want for a given job.

Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>
Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 284 7749
Date: 21-Sep-00                                       Time: 10:39:55