[Groff] [offish] AutoTrace: bitmap -> vector tracer

From: Stewart C. Russell
Subject: [Groff] [offish] AutoTrace: bitmap -> vector tracer
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 15:17:36 +0100

This may be of interest to some of you:

AutoTrace v0.24a, a GPL image to vector tracer, was released yesterday.
http://homepages.go.com/~martweb/AutoTrace.htm

I've been using it to convert large bitmaps to scaleable EPS files for a
while, and found it useful. Colour support has just been added; while
this works for simple images, it's very slow.

--
Stewart C. Russell              Senior Analyst, Dictionary Division
address@hidden  HarperCollins Publishers