[Groff] Re: tmac.FOO vs. FOO.tmac

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: [Groff] Re: tmac.FOO vs. FOO.tmac
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 19:27:05 +0200

> Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 14:36:09 +0200 (CEST)
> From: Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>
>
> Now my question: What about loading FOO.tmac first, and then trying
> tmac.FOO?

I would suggest a slightly more conservative approach: first rename
all tmac.FOO files supplied with Groff into FOO.tmac, wait for a
release or two, then switch the order of loading the files.

> Are there drawbacks?  I don't expect that many external packages use
> groff's macro files...

I'm worried about the cases where people import other macro packages
for use with Groff.  I think we should give them some time to adapt.