RE: [Groff] Is GROFF the way to go?

From: Ted Harding
Subject: RE: [Groff] Is GROFF the way to go?
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 21:40:03 +0100 (BST)

On 16-Aug-00 Christian Sonehed wrote:
> I´m trying to dynamically create an eps-file with text, images
> and borderlines. Is GROFF the way to go?

It is certainly _a_ way to go, and in general a very good one,
once you know what you are doing.

It's not clear what you mean by "dynamically"; but for instance
it would be perfectly possible to set up (assuming you're using
a UNIXoid system) a script which watches a data-file and,
every time it changes, runs groff, produces a newly formatted
document within a second or two based on the new version of the
data, and displays this on screen.

The other bits you mention -- EPS file with text, images and
borderlines -- are no problem provided the images are themselves
EPS files. Other image formats could be trickier.

May one learn more detail of what you want?

> Please excuse an unacquainted :)

On the contrary -- welcome to the community!

Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>
Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 284 7749
Date: 16-Aug-00                                       Time: 21:40:03