[Groff] HELP: Newbee with Groff

From: Petri Heikura
Subject: [Groff] HELP: Newbee with Groff
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 13:40:48 +0200

Hi,

I'm totally green, new user of Groff.
I have a goal to reach which is to create a PS-
file (advertisment) with following requirements:

- Contains word-wrapping.
- Contains font Garamond, Helvetica.
- Contains scandinavian characters
- Contains frames
- Contains 3-4 fields of text. x number of characters,
  which creates y number of lines. First couple of words
  is with other font and bold.
- Contains a title centered on top.
- Contains 1 PS-image

I want to be able to dynamicly insert a textstring
of any length into the textfields and any title and
the postscript automatically create the advertisment
following the requirements...

I don't know if groff is the best tool to use.
If it is, can anybody give me a hint/tips&tricks how
the best way to do this is, and/or give me some samplecodes.

If not, do you know any other good PS-generator which
can fullfill my wish of creating the PS-file ... ?

Grateful for quick answer,
Thank you in advance,

Petri Heikura
address@hidden