[Groff] Best way to have small capitals with groff ?

From: baruchel
Subject: [Groff] Best way to have small capitals with groff ?
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 09:58:09 +0200

Hi,

this is a question I very often ask to myself. What is the best way to have
small capps? I mean, if I have no special font for it, of course, say with the
\f(TR font

I did it 'til now with two ways:

a) First, I wrote a macro for:
   - writing the initial letter normal
   - having a smaller size, write the end of the word
   - writing it a second time with a very tiny decalage
     (to have the font not as thin as it would be with the smaller size)
Since it was a little complicated, I now use:
b) G\H'-1'ROFF\H'0'
   (rather than G\s-1ROFF\s0 for the same reason)

What do you personnaly do ? Do you have special habits ?

--
   .~.   Thomas Baruchel
   /V\   address@hidden