[Groff] man page white paper -- mostly in german -- and 2 Questions

From: Freudenberger Joerg
Subject: [Groff] man page white paper -- mostly in german -- and 2 Questions
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 13:30:10 +0200

Hallo Werner
If you think this is off topic, you may like to kill it.

Hallo groff friends

Because I will have a break on working on the "man page white paper"
I pass on the "first" experimental issue to the groff user group.

        * Remark * I understand this paper now as "Proof of Concept",
        and I will NEVER see this as MUST and hope no one will do this.
        **

Is more german than english (I started with an old information
collection of mine manually written in german),
but I encourage all of you to have a look on it.
Constructive critism and contribution are very wellcome ...

(I focus my free time to prepare a talk on the 3rd Nuremberg Linux Setup
Party at the 29th, 30th September and 1st October. The topic
is the early and prehistoric age of Linux.)

I strugle with this two groff user's questions for long time
and have not got a solution:

1. How get I tmac.ms printing fine on A4 paper ?
        (I found the changes for the device DESC in groff-Howto,
        and tmac.a4, but tmac.ms does something more
        to beleave to be on letter and so printing outside
        the page)

2. How get I ghostscript to print the additional fonts on screen ?
        (example man page grops(1), ghostscript 5.0, 5.5, 6.0, 6.01,
        it's failing with missing fonts. Does someone know how to get
        groff fonts working with gs ?)

Yours
        Jörg