Re: [Groff] Charter and Utopia

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Charter and Utopia
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 11:48:09 +0200 (CEST)

> JimC> The CharterBT and Utopia fonts are as found in the
> JimC> ghostscript distribution--Bitstream`s Charter and Adobe`s
> JimC> Utopia, in R B I & BI
>
> If anyone has them, I'd like to get copy, for history's sake.

It should be not too difficult to recreate them using groff's tools.
Were there any special things in it?  In the not-too-distant future I
will completely reorganize groff's font definition files to get rid of
evil input/output encoding dependencies.  I believe that manually
updating such files is, hum, annoying.

> JimC> NB that I used the family names BCH for Bitstream Charter and
> JimC> PUT for Adobe Utopia.  These are from the portable fontnames
> JimC> recomendation by Karl Berry.

Indeed, using `fontname' is a good idea, and I think that I will
eventually change all groff font definition files to this scheme.