[Groff] This should be an easy qyestion to answer.

From: Jude Gabaldon
Subject: [Groff] This should be an easy qyestion to answer.
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 16:07:51 -0700 (MST)

Hello, I am new to the group so excuse me if this had been covered in
detail.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to get a postscript image into
my ps output from groff.
This is a snip from the file I am using.
snipB
.nr HM 1.0i
.nr FM 0.5i
.nr LL 7.0i
.nr PO 0.5i
.ds CH
.ll 7.5i
.po 0.5i
.pl 11.0i

.fp 4 C
.fp 5 CB
.nr PS 11
.PSPIC logo11.epsi
snip.
If have tried the file as .ps .eps .epsi.  I can view all the extensions
with gs and ghostview, and they showup in the proper place and the proper
size.  But when added to the file they are left out.

I have tried processing the file with.

groff -t -ms
groff -t -ms -Tps
groff -t -p  -pm

I have version 1.14 on solaris.

When I try to process the picture with grops I get.
grops:logo11.epsi:fata error: the first command must be `x T'
I don't know how to interpret this.  Do I have to hand edit the epsi file
to include "x T" in the first line?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  And links to any web sites that
explain this in detail will also be greatly appreciated.

Jude Gabaldon

P.S. I did search the mail archives and I did not see anything regarding
postscript figures.