Re: [Groff] getopt.h

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] getopt.h
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 17:14:56 GMT

> In src/include there is a file getopt.h which is identical to the
> corresponding glibc file installed on my system, well, except from the
> copyright.  This local header file is included from lib.h.
>
> Is it possible to get rid of this file and replace the #include "" by
> #include <getopt.h>?

No.  Too many OSes don't have a proper getopt() implementation.

> Or are there any primitive non-GNU environments that do not provide
> longoptions

Correct.  Don't say `primitive' :-)

> (maybe an autoconf issue)?

The logic to recognize GNU getopt is already integrated into
getopt.[ch].  For example, on a GNU box, the contents of those file is
completely skipped.

> In this case, we should include the latest GNU getopt.h, keep the
> GNU copyright, and write some comment.

I took the files from Emacs 20.6 which is just a few weeks old.  Is
there a newer version already?

About the comment: Please submit a patch...