Re: [Groff] Unwanted white space.

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Unwanted white space.
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 14:28:57 GMT

> groff -Tascii ... produces several lines of white space at the
> beginning and end of the output file.  I don't want any.

This is a good question.  Reason is that groff always produces output
*pages*, and the headers and footers are just suppressed (otherwise
you would find a page number at the bottom).  Maybe Ted knows a
solution?

Nevertheless, it would be possible to strip the empty lines afterwards
with an external tool like awk.