[Groff] Documenters/users mailing list?

From: Eddie Maddox
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 11:25:10 -0500 (EST)

Could we please have a seperate mailing list for documenters/users?

I would like to switch subscriptions when a documenters/users list is
started. Our Web site is more of a documentation/user tool than a
development/debugger tool.

The current list could remain for developers/debuggers.

Thank you.
P.S. I haven't yet finished the conversion of the Groff Web site to Groff
HTML. I'm caught up in finishing some remodeling on this old house to meet
some building codes.

I've also been trying to chase some Web site work for pay. I need the
money. Cleaning up FrontPage code by hand to meet W3.org accessibility
guidelines is no fun.

I'm at the point where this weekend I expect to get back to working with
Groff HTML and ms. I want to convert one of my client's pages to Groff
HTML. It is a calendar of events. I have the raw HTML like I want it.
Writing Groff macros for all of the repititous stuff ought to be fun.

My client's calendar of events page is also a simpler page to work with
than the Groff Web site. So, I hope you all don't mind if I try converting
my client's page to Groff HTML first, before I convert the Groff Web site.

This will also, I expect, be the first time Groff HTML will be used in
"revenue service". And it should make an excellent example for show-n-tell
of basic Groff HTML usage.

Eddie Maddox
Groff Web site editor
address@hidden