[Groff] Business models and groff.

From: Eddie Maddox
Subject: [Groff] Business models and groff.
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 13:25:07 -0400 (EDT)

Business models and groff.

What?

Business models and groff, of course!

Groff has a long history. It has come to be used by certain kinds of
people for certain kinds of things. I'm thinking of its most frequent
usages here, not every possible chore it can handle.

Well, with the new capabilities being developed for groff how is it
expected, or hoped, that the usage patterns of groff are to change?

What business models, applications, or other situations will
groff-newest-n-greatest now lend itself to in addition to its historical
usages?

Obviously, I'm thinking marketing here. Making "the decision". Rationale.
Impacts of choosing "the groff way" vs. other means. Considerations.
Tradeoffs. Industry changes to come and groffs' ability to adapt. In other
words, the usual.

Thus begins my groff-newest-n-greatest FAQ.

Eddie Maddox
address@hidden