grdesktop-users

Re: [grdesktop-users] config file for grdesktop

From: Riko Wichmann
Subject: Re: [grdesktop-users] config file for grdesktop
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 14:58:23 +0200

Hi Thorsten,

thanks for the help ... worked like a charm (at my own risk!)  :) :)

Cheers,

        Riko

Thorsten Sauter wrote:
Hi Riko,

sorry for the long delay. Here is the answer...

* Riko Wichmann <address@hidden> [2004-08-24 14:22]:
| I'm using grdesktop frequently to connect to various Windows terminal | servers. The tool is been a great help.

thanks

| However, in the mean time, I have accumulated several servers in the | list of computer to select from, which I actually don't use anymore. How | do I clean up this list? | I was looking for some sort of config file (like .grdesktop or so), | where these settings are stored and which I then could just edit. So, | far, I didn't find anything. | | Any hint on how to remove servers from the list of machines I connected | to would be greatly appreciated.

everything is stored im gconf the gnome configuration database. There a
no longer regular configuration files used. You can access the gconf
database with the gconf-editor utility (at your own risk :-)).

The grdesktop configuration is stored in this subkey:
        /apps/grdesktop

The hostnames are extracted from this list:
        /apps/grdesktop/options/hostnames

I hope this informations will help you.

Regards,
Thorsten